Monday, January 12, 2009

Organic Knit Tops

This week's feature: Three new organic cotton knit tops that I designed and made for my daughter to keep the chill of winter away! Hooray!
*
The first one I made was this classic long-sleeved top with a very subtly scooped neck which makes it easy to take off and put on but still allows for good coverage. Sewn with a beautiful soft striped blue / cream / grey organic cotton.



The second top I made was this turtleneck. Thanks to the stretchability of this rib knit, this turtleneck easily slips on and off, and if it didn't, my daughter would let me know! She loves the pink stripes on this one and I think the bold stripes make it a little more fun. Both of these styles would suit a boy or a girl.



The last top I designed is this tunic and is probably my favourite. I love the silhouette of this one and the muted tones as well, I could almost see me wearing it. For a little extra flare I made a shifted cowl neck and to me it just looks so classically chic - and on a little one, just darling. This tunic looks great over a pair of leggings.


I will be offering these in my shop. The fabrics in these tops are interchangeable and the tops themselves are made to order, so you can mix and match as you like!
*
Next week if the stars align I will post about a new organic hat and onesie set. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week everyone!

~Laura