Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A New Name!

I am very pleased to let you know that my Etsy shop, now known as Handmade Naturals, will soon be closing and I will be re-opening shop with a new name - Meadowsweet Organics.


When I opened my shop a little over two years ago it was at the beginning of a a very new creative journey. I knew that I would be sewing and I knew I would be sewing with organic cotton (and possibly other sustainable fabrics), but I wasn't set on what I would be sewing. In the end I chose a fairly open name which would allow me to move in any direction I desired.
Reflecting on my work over the past two years I feel that my design style has evolved into what one could consider whimsical, modern, colourful, yet practical and always eco-friendly.

In my new shop I will continue to use organic cotton. I may also introduce some organic cotton / hemp blends over time, and have been collecting some beautiful eco-friendly vintage trims and eco-friendly vintage cottons that may work their way into another shop.
As always, my two kids will no doubt continue to be an endless source of inspiration to me.
I am quite proud of the designs I have offered up over the past couple of years and will continue to offer up most of those in my new shop. I also expect to add more children's clothing designs as time allows.